9.12.2010

One button at a time.

I am so extremely blessed to have an angel of a friend Corrie Theobald who is making my wedding dress. She is AMAZING and has been our dear family friend and neighbor for years. Yesterday I got all measured and fitted for the dress. She is doing the interfacing, the hemming, the pattern manipulation, the beading, the lace, the satin, the measuring, the unpicking and everything else that has to be done when making a dress. Except for the buttons. I was given the simple job of covering each button with the same fabric the dress is being made out of. I took this very seriously ha. When you see this gorgeous dress I want you all to take note of the buttons. I did them. Thank you very much. She said it would be tedious but holy cow. My thumbs are raw. Broc was a sweetheart and helped me with a lot of them. It only took a few hours and a couple million mess ups to get them all done. SO COOL. Who gets to cover the buttons on their own wedding dress? Pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment