12.29.2010

Christmas Traditions

Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely love love love christmas. Before I got married I was the one to hang the lights on our house, I brought up the tree the day after Thanksgiving, I played Amy Grant christmas music in September... don't judge me. I love the holidays! This year was close to no different. We were on our honeymoon for Thanksgiving so I made my family wait to put up their tree for when I could be there. My sister Taylor took the responsibility of putting up the lights on the house and Amy Grant came on the ipod speakers a little late but she was still there during all of the cinnamon roll making. Broc and I even had our own little christmas tree in our apartment. Christmas kinda just crept up on us all this year I think. It was the wedding and then BAM we were out caroling. But christmas with my family never disappoints. And this year I got to spend it with another whole family with new traditions. Broc's family knows how to celebrate christmas with the best of them. Here are some of the traditions that will live on forever...

Homemade gifts-
Every year we draw a name out of the family to make a homemade gift for to be opened on Christmas Eve. It's a surprise on who you have and what you make. Here are some of the ones from this year...
I made Brynlee a headband
Dad made Lex a necklace
Mom made Broc some pjs
Ashley and Taylor made mom and dad snuggies
Michael made Mitch a gum ball machine
Gifts not pictured: Broc made me a computer cover
Mitch and Brynlee made purses for Ashley and Taylor
Lexi made a coloring book for Michael

The Nativity-
We always joke in my family that my moms side and my dads side are very different. Not in any bad ways, just different. The best way to describe that is the example of our Nativity. We do the reenactment of the Nativity every year on both sides. Here's the difference:

The Esplins The Wades



Esplins put their sweatshirts on their heads as shepherds. The Wades go into hair and make up before the show. Both, The best Christmas traditions ever.




1 comment: