4.30.2011

Look how far we've come my baby

Yes I did just use a lyric from a Shania Twain song as the title of this post.
Don't laugh. It fits I promise.
It's been 3 whole years since Broc left on his mission! April 30th 2008 started an exciting/sad/really cool/crazy long adventure for the both of us. I remember the night that we said goodbye I was a total mess. My very best friend was leaving me and I wasn't grasping the reality of it too well. I had asked Broc to give me a blessing before he left and we had just never got around to it. We were now down to the minutes before he was set apart. All our friends and Broc's family were at his house saying goodbyes. I had to take a second by myself to control my emotions. I stepped into the darkness of the front living room and had myself a good cry. Before I knew it Broc walked in all dressed in his suit. Behind him followed all of my close guy friends all dressed in shirt and tie with Broc's dad Travis. I wasn't sure what was going on but Broc pulled a chair out to the middle of the floor and asked if he could give me a blessing. I was surrounded by my closest friends and Broc offered a beautiful blessing.
The moment we said "amen" the wait began...
So to again quote Shania
"We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday
They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong"
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2126/131/123/558659883/n558659883_1962496_76.jpg?dl=1

No comments:

Post a Comment