8.23.2011

too kool for skool

The first day of school was almost like christmas for me growing up. I had planned my "first day of school outfit" (and embarrassed to admit, every outfit for the first two weeks). I had new backstreet boys folders, squeaky white tennis shoes, and a new jansport back pack. My hair all curled and I'd go skipping away to the bus stop...

Not this year.

This year Broc and I didn't know our class schedules until 11pm the night before. I walked out the door in the first shirt I saw hanging up and all I had was a pen buried deep down in my purse that I had to dig for in every class. Spending money on text books instead of new overalls and dr. martins has not been an easy transition for me over the years.

Nonetheless, we are grateful to be back in the swing of things. Didn't you know my favorite thing to do at night is homework?? Hopefully you can taste the sarcasm. That is why I am writing on this blog and procrastinating studying for Art History (which I believe will be the death of me). But I justify it with this quote... "the work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life". Okay okay so my homework isn't near as bad as Broc's I'll admit.

Here is our first night back to studying...
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiJ4gQ2SW05yDE8nM6psnfYtGJMM5ypg7P8eKHjPqmNxnxuwxqJ-aMWXyitxmEqeCHQpHoHlA7qFpTm_F8ianjhySgLsPeRdtrWuJUmJ7ELUD7UJrmsGy-zFd-5FHsnEBoWXDehNAbMol15/s1600/IMG_3023.JPGhttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjlKzqlNxcaKn7LTzaBZABScvxFHyBP8Xy-VhJHBHK2s8Vk2VVZdKXP-MK_xhyz5r63-AKtDPPWOaCxiWi_ARYd8dzjIGz-NDRv0Kc3LIk24VXp8Fnr-hzRfEKjn1rG0lhcSzYuiGS-e083/s1600/IMG_3025.jpg

I also procrastinate by eating sandwiches

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiAKoV-kR_Gj-HHpvKlQ8poQXEdawPQDG2QmFLr1cxChN8v3xOKOaF3ESbopIEya37x7VKdYDsxtISFHeTHB87qvwQtIIzvFs_sdVjJMQVV9r1ltN5d_7RdCxlHfIDEHNSRN6_cm6M40TG2/s1600/IMG_3027.jpg
Okay Broc just might freak if he looks up from his book and sees me blogging so I'm just going to go to the kitchen and peel my hard boiled egg, maybe edit a few pictures on photoshop and then attempt to start studying. promise.

2 comments:

  1. First of all..you two are way cute and I love stalking your blog. So he can't get mad. :) and secondly. I absolutely love your quote about procrastinating. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks Ryann! I love stalking you and your cute missionary so we are even. :)

    ReplyDelete