1.05.2012

Parents of 5

The Arnolds are like a our second family. My sisters and I have been their babysitters ever since I can remember. Blake and Becky go on quite a few vacations and when that happens, Broc and I become sudden parents of 5. We have made it to day 4 and are still somewhat sane so we're doing good! Let me introduce you to our kids...

This is Abby.
She loves volleyball, cooking, and fantasy football. She is officially a "pre-teen" and comes with all that that entails... friend drama, makeup, lots of tears, and a different mood every 15 minutes. She also has the best eyelashes ever!

This is Whitney.
She loves pink, sparkles, skirts, the Biebs, and Disney Channel. Whitney loves to play pretend and has the wildest of imaginations, she definitely keeps us entertained. Whitney is turning 8 next week and reminds everyone every couple hours just in case we have forgotten. She is the best fake crier I have seen and would make a fantastic actress!

Meet Spencer.
He is a kindergartener and loves it. He loves football and sometimes would rather watch espn than Phineas and Ferb. Spencer is sick this week and actually "puked ALL over the bus" (words the secretary used when she called the other morning). He loves to wrestle with Broc until he is so tired he can't get off the ground. Spencer is the best at going to bed, I don't even have to ask him twice.

This is Tatum, oops... Jeanette.
Jeanette is the name she is going by this week and won't respond to anything else. Tatum has many nicknames; TT, Tait, Taity Bug (my personal fav). Tatum is obsessed with Nutella, and obsessed would actually be an understatement. Her love for nutella balances out her hate for every other food. She is literally "scared" of vegetables. Tatum is the funniest little talker and has her key phrases like "oh it's okay" or "you got it?". She loves Jessie from "stoy stoyee" (toy story), Repunzel from Tangled and Jeanette from Alvin and the chipmunks.


This is Keegan.
He is my little buddy, I get to spend every tuesday and thursday morning with him. Keegan has the cutest personality. He loves to learn words and copy his siblings. Keegan loves cars and could play with them all day. He can't live without his blanky or his baba. He has to wear a bib everywhere because he drools enough to give himself a bath. He is a little light in my life and I find myself missing him when I'm not around.

So this is our life this week. When one is hungry, the other one is tired. When two are fighting, the other one is throwing up. I have empathy for moms this week and I keep having to remind myself that they only come 1 at a time and not 5, otherwise I don't think I'd ever be baby hungry. Even though it is tiring, Broc and I find so much joy in these children. When I see Broc with them, I can't help but think of how lucky our kids are going to be to have such a RAD DAD!

1 comment:

  1. I remember tending 5 little Wade kids when your parents went to Hawaii! (They took baby Brynlee with them and I remember thinking how hard that would be to take a baby on a trip.) Then after spending a couple days with lots of kids I realized how easy that must've been for them to only take 1 baby on a trip!! You guys were adorable, but I am glad none of my kids get up as early as Michael did! :)

    ReplyDelete