2.01.2012

high hopes

We made a big step as a married couple/adults this week.
We put an offer on a house.
A white sided, black roofed, red doored, picket fenced home.
It was perfect.
Yes it was built in the 1930's and the whole interior would have to be re-done, but that is what excited me the most about it. Remodeling.
I could finally put all of my pinterest ideas to good use.
I have been dying in my white walled apartment
and have longed for a place to make "ours" since we got married.
I had the whole house mapped out.
What colors each wall would be.
What light fixture I would hang above the kitchen sink.
What I would have put on the beautiful brick mantle
that I had already planned on painting white.
I even planned out the garden we would start in the spring.

All along our realtor kept saying things like "don't get your heart set on anything until the papers are signed" and "it usually takes a few offers on a few different houses before you get the fish to bite". I heard everything he said but it went right out the other ear as I dreamed of the coral paint I would use if our first baby was a girl.
We fasted and prayed about what to offer and came up with a price that we thought could win it and more importantly what we could afford.

But they didn't take it.

Out of 20+ bids, ours was just another one thrown under the table.
I know it's silly but my heart sort of hurt when we got the news.
I had already pictured my kids sitting on the bench I was going to build in the kitchen corner telling me about their day at school.
Oh well.
Prayers are answered in silly ways sometimes.
I know we'll get a home that will be ours sooner or later.

And it will be perfect.

Meanwhile, I will just continue preparing for that day like I did this weekend.
Getting in touch with my creative and perfectionist side.
A rug.
Voila

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiKqQVy6NS6Yj0JArpSs2yhCOl_pZSBRwYLy6qgCUyoEcHlsLeN9ySxtVGCtYpFuNkgTPFklhnTlLxTyhdgnZb_3Ktr8zaGxGMSw30TXv6PxsNfGvmhdiIL48dSbRDV8LYd_lmvDDAJnZmL/s1600/IMG_8137.JPG

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOFHqhUzsHyi8CcFIT1HnI9LGV95N9n_kIy1Qxq49tp8t2Em3OG3puM3zkYtLItgIUdepyEcm_uYFpxJQ9toCALxCJPA-fswCPvsbqFxl9fxba3-MXced7XQUCo8ZMjKhSB42gn3TZdgEK/s1600/IMG_8152.JPG

the inspiration...
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhKBvSUpd8lsL-unNBPjQD7OMnabplujUj5kiZl0Vs9tGev7QL_bpPquFFX1cjFMfaYDhrZ-kvsD1zQ8WyQIPrHpiy4TseQxpDRHiHCBoUgmjnclhyphenhyphenbUSj3sWqBjhE0FHrqmGHrsiNPZ-i-/s1600/rug.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Cute rug!! Love it! I hear ya on the house thing, I was in love with every house we looked at, and would get so bummed when it didnt work out, but looking back I know we got the house we were supposed to! But congrats on starting the house hunt! Thats so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the house :( but how exciting moving up in the world! And OH MY GOSH that rug!!! I love it!! May have to steal the idea. How clever is that. Loving your blog! Newest reader :)

    ReplyDelete