1.11.2011

Sometimes when you're married, the best stories you have are embarrassing ones.

So... we were ever so blessed to move into a place that was fully furnished with couches, a tv, a washer and dryer, etc. Whenever we would do the wash, the dryer would make a "rrrrrrr" sound when the load would finish. We could never get it to start on the setting cold/cold so we were washing everything warm/cold and it seemed to be doing just fine; except the fact that our colors were a little duller and our whites weren't so bright. Well last night Broc came in to bed saying that he fixed the washer. I didn't know that anything was seriously wrong so I couldn't imagine what he fixed. He said " I hooked up an extra hose that was just hanging down and now we can wash our clothes cold/cold!" It's funny the things that bring you excitement and fulfillment when you're married. We laid in bed until it dawned on us both that the "rrrrrrrr" sound at the end of a cycle always happened when the nob was on "rinse". Our cycle was set to warm/cold. So the "rinse" part was suppose to be the "cold" part and the "cold" tube wasn't hooked up to the washer till last night. We've been wearing un-rinsed clothes for the past two months. Fantastic.

Embarrassing story number duos. We were completely and totally out of food in our apartment last night so for FHE Broc and I made a run to Walmart. I went straight from work and got there a couple minutes before Broc so I decided instead of waiting for him by the walmart greeter I would make a quick run to the bathroom. I walked in and there was one stall open so of course I took it. I called Broc to find out where he was and by the time I left the stall I was the only one in the restroom. I stood in the mirror washing my hands and scrubbing pen off my face that I mysteriously got there at work when I heard the voice of a little boy talking extremely loud outside by the drinking fountain. He was asking his dad to go in to the bathroom with him and it sound like their voices were coming closer and closer. In my mind I kept thinking "oh my goodness! They're coming into the girls bathroom! This is going to be awkward! Do I have time to run into the stall and save them embarrassment?". But instead I just stood there frozen when around the corner came the little boy I had heard and his very grown up father. They both froze. I was still as frozen as the piece of chicken in my freezer. The dad was the one to break the awkwardness and he said "either you're in the boys bathroom or we're in the ladies, but either way this is really awkward. But I'm pretty sure this is the boys..." I was speechless. I quickly walked out and when I saw the stick figure in pants I yelled back to him "you're right!". I just hope no one saw me exiting. Meanwhile I found Broc waiting where I should have been, by the Walmart greeter.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the comment on my blog.
    i adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few Months back i was in Hyde Park up Central London, i needed to pee way bad... but what makes this worse is when i walked in the toilet i saw women in there but my brain for some reason tricked me into thinking it was a unisex toilet... and i used it anyway. it wasnt unisex. was quite alot of people around to say the least.. and when i came out of the toilet it still hadnt registered it wasnt unisex so i sent a few wondering fella's down there also looking for the loo... when i finally saw the "Ladies" sign i finally realised why those women id seen when i first walked in the toilet were giving me evils...

    ReplyDelete