12.30.2012

Christmas 2012

Christmas this year was amazing. Mostly because our little Norah was celebrating with us. 
We did all of our yearly traditions, 
Grandma Sue's gift exchange pj party, 
Grandma Nora's Christmas story, 
Grandma and Grandpa Esplin's soup dinner, 
Grandpa Hafen's Dinner party
and Grandma and Grandpa Wade's Nativity production 
(yes, Norah was baby Jesus)
(and yes, we have A LOT of grandparents)
One of my very favorite traditions though is the one that follows the nativity. 
Grandma Wade makes everyone an ornament for the tree and one by one we hang the ornament and say what our gift to Christ will be for the year. It can be anything from attending the temple more regularly, saying your morning prayers all year, improving a talent or working on your personal history. Any kind of gift you will give back to our Savior among the many others we should be giving daily. Grandma writes them all down and so everyone can look back years on what they have been setting goals to do. This is something I look forward to every year when really I should be setting these kind of goals much more often. 
This year I promised Christ to establish my new little family in righteousness, 
I hope that I can keep that promise.
Broc promised to do small acts of service and ignore the voice that tries to justify not giving.
Norah promised to continue being the best baby ever 
(okay maybe that was just my little plea to Heavenly Father as I put her mini ornament on)
Here are some of the highlights of Christmas 2012

p.s. Broc, along with both of our parents totally surprised me with a brand new camera!
Isn't he the best?















No comments:

Post a Comment