4.07.2013

Bad Mom

Every mom has had a "bad mom" moment, 
at least that is what I have been told this week to make me feel better.
It makes me sick/upset/sad to even think about it again but here is what happened...

Last weekend we acquired the perfect lounge chairs for our deck from the Arnolds.
Seriously I love them, except for when I smashed my hand in them and thought I broke it. That hurt.
One of them is almost a queen size and fits perfectly so that half of it is in the sun and half is in the shade. Perfect for my baby and I to lay outside while she naps and I sun bathe right? 
Right. That's what I thought. 
So there we were, just enjoying a lovely spring day, Norah asleep and I in my tank top. I had put her closer to the middle of the bed because I know she is a roller. 
I closed my eyes and listened to the birds chip and the heavy breathing of my sleeping beauty when all of a sudden the neighbors stupid dog spotted us. 
He barked, Norah jumped, and before I knew it she had rolled from back to front to back and was headed off the side of the lounge chair and just beyond my reach. 

I literally just had to get up to grab a tissue because recalling her terrified eyes as she rolled off the edge and landed on her back on the deck planks just kills me inside every time. 

I scooped her up and we ran into the house, both of us crying. Gladly, by the time we had made it to her bedroom she was just whimpering, but I swear she was saying "how could you let me fall mom!". It was traumatizing for the both of us. 
And now we have sort of have a love/hate relationship with that awesome patio furniture. 
But I just hate the neighbors dog.

And before we knew it, she was back to her smiling lil' self



 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erin, you are not a bad mom ;) but yes, every mom definitely has those "bad mom" moments... :/ I think I've had one too many... Just wait til she gets mobile! ha, I don't know how many times Jett has been close to, or has actually fallen from couches, beds, etc. panic attack! These babies sure are tough little munchkins! What a freaky accident though. I'm so sorry you had to go through that :( At least it didn't do any major harm, thank goodness. You are the cutest mom and little Norah is a doll!

    ReplyDelete