5.20.2013

Mother's Day 2013

I never knew how much I wanted to be a mother until it happened.
This Mother's Day was different for many reasons.
Every year, I have taken this day to reflect about how much my own mother means to me. I would buy her gifts, make her breakfast in bed, and write her a card full of love notes and thank you's. This year however, I couldn't put into words what I wanted to say. So here goes everything I didn't. 

This Mother's Day I celebrated my daughter Norah. She made me a mother and for that, she will never know what I owe her. She has taught me love like I never knew existed.
This Mother's Day I celebrated my husband Broc. He stands by my side and supports me as a mother. Because of him, my world is complete. 
This Mother's Day I celebrated my mother-in-law, Jilynne. She gave me the greatest gift, my husband. She made the man I fell in love with.
And finally, this Mother's Day I celebrated my own mother, Brenda, the angel in my life. The most beautiful woman in my world. The perfect example of who, what, and everything I want to be. 

Motherhood is everything I have subconsciously been preparing all my life for. 
How beautiful my calling is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment