2.24.2011

A bedtime story

When Broc gets in bed it takes him a while to fall asleep. When I get in bed I'm asleep before my head hits the pillow. Last night Broc said that he wasn't even tired when we were getting ready for bed. Instead of him playing angry birds while I fell asleep I insisted that he tell me a bedtime story. Here's how it went....

"Once upon a time there was a guy named...Taber. And Taber had a best friend... who happened to be a... kite! The kite's name was fly (original). Taber and fly were best friends and one day they were playing in the woods and Taber got shot! By a hunter! Because the hunter thought that Taber was a deer. But the hunter was wrong because Taber was actually an ....elk! Taber died. So Fly set out on a mission to find this hunter that killed his best friend elk. Fly flew all around the country and finally found the hunter lying in a field of ...wheat. He couldn't believe that he had killed his best friend Taber but instantly Fly became friends with the hunter. The hunter said why don't we start a tv show...."

And that's all I remember because I fell asleep. Broc left early for school this morning so I have yet to hear what happened to Fly and the hunter's TV show. All I know is that I think I'll be the one doing to story telling to our children. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment