2.15.2011

Now every February you'll be my Valentine.

Yesterday was not only valentines day but the 5 year anniversary of mine and Broc's first date! Here's how our Valentines dates have been the last five years...

2006: I asked Broc to preference by decorating his locker with valentine candy and a stuffed animal frog that said "kiss me". We went on our first date that night to the Pine View jazz dinner dance put on by the Pine View jazz band. We were the youngest people by about 30 years besides the band themselves. We ate staheli catering and danced to jazz music all night. I started falling for him.

2007: Broc asked me on a date but wouldn't tell me where we were going, he just said "dress warm". He picked me up and took me out to his candle lit back yard and we ate a delicious dinner cooked by his dad and served by his sister Sage. I had no idea what to get for Broc that year because I had just done Christmas and his birthday so I got him a microwave, popcorn, and movies. (He later blew up that microwave).

2008: Broc had his mission call and we knew that we only had a couple months together for a long time. He picked me up and took me to his house where we ate durangos on his candle lit dining room table. He gave me a silver locket that I still wear.

2009: Broc and I were 10,748 miles away. I had to send my valentines gift in November to get to Broc by February. I made him pink pajama pants with frogs and hearts on them. He sent me a love letter and pictures.

2010: He was almost home! We decided to celebrate when he got back instead of spending more money on packages. We exchanged love letters instead.

2011: We're married. Life is great. Broc woke up to another stuffed frog that said "kiss me" and I came home from work to a handsome husband who bought and put together a shoe shelf for me and another love letter. We went to dinner and then shopped for a bathroom mat. The joys of marriage.

Valentines Day is the best. And I'm so blessed that every February he'll be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment