11.29.2012

the wee small hours of the morning

I thought that during maternity leave I would have all the time in the world. I thought of all the projects I would do, walls I would decorate, goodies I would bake, tv shows I would catch up on yadda yadda... boy was I wrong.

Since Norah was born I spend about 30% of my time feeding her, 20% of my time changing diapers and the other 50% just staring at/kissing/snapping pictures of her. 

It is all Norah all the time. It is heaven.

The early morning hours are some of my favorite moments with this angel. She is so darling after a good night sleep. Many people have commented on how alert she is for a newborn. She is so much like her mother already, she hates sleeping alone. I slept in my parents bed till I was probably 5 and then shared a room with Ashley till I was 16. When we were kids, we use to go to bed holding hands. Norah won't sleep in her bassinet for long because the moment she opens her eyes and realizes she is alone she has a come apart. So she sleeps in the middle of her daddy and I. Sometimes in the middle of the night I open my eyes and there she is, wide awake just staring at her mama. She is perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment