5.22.2012

Where we learned to love

Apt. C-102 will always have a little piece of my heart. 
Not because it was a luxury suite by any means,
but because that is where our lives molded into one. 
It was here that we learned to cook, pay bills, fight and make up. 
We learned how to steam vegetables, save change, and avoid large electrical payments. 
But most of all, it was here, in this small space, 
that we learned how to love each other more every day. 
It was here where we shared our first home 
and learned how married people survive. 
In this small space, the memories as newly weds took place. 
When I tell my children about mine and their dad's "early days", 
it is here that my mind will smile upon.
Our first Hafen home.

And we left her just the way we found her. 


My 6 year old sister Lexi helped me gather the last of our things before locking the door for the last time. She yelled "see ya later old pal" as she blew a kiss inside the front door. 
A tear rolled down my cheek as we pulled out of the parking lot.
And then I thought of the adventures that lie before us.
And I could not be more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment