5.06.2012

One happy day.

There is this girl I have known for a while. 
And when I say a while, I mean my entire life. 
Her name is Katie. 

Katie loves the color red, drinking out of straws, anything to do with writing and reading, Germany and sewing. She hates shopping and loves to make homemade "saltsa" (salsa). She has naturally auburn hair that she will argue is more red than brown and naps more than any other person I know. 
Katie is my best friend. 
And we share the same grandparents.
Katie has always had a history of boy problems. 
Mostly because she has commitment issues and she can't help that
every boy she meets falls in love with her.
No boy was ever cool enough to keep Katie for more than a few dates.
And for 23 years Katie thought she would just wait until the millennium to get married. 
And I started to believe her.
...

And then there was CJ
And he changed everything.
And April 28th 2012 was the happiest day for these two.
 



I have seen Katie at her happiest. But never have I seen her glowing like she was that day.

CJ, you got a good one.


1 comment: